Website Image
Logo

COA

Chevron Down Icon

COA/SDS/TDS

Type keyword, product name or code

Search Button
Home

POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE 40% W/W SOLUTION FOR ANALYSIS

Product Code: P0084N

AR | ACS-Solvents

Code

P0084N

Cas

1310-58-3

Grade

AR,ACS

Formula

KOH

Weight

56.11

Hs code

2815.2000

Shelf life

5 years

What is POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE 40% W/W SOLUTION FOR ANALYSIS AR,ACS

Potassium hydroxide (KOH), also known as caustic potash, is a highly soluble metal hydroxide compound. Our solution is a 40% weight by weight (w/w) concentration, signifying that 40 parts out of every 100 parts of the solution are KOH by weight. The remaining 60% is typically distilled water, which acts as the solvent.

This specific solution is designated as AR and ACS grade. This indicates it meets the stringent purity standards set by these organizations for analytical applications. AR and ACS grade chemicals are characterized by minimal levels of impurities, ensuring accurate and reliable results in laboratory experiments.

What is POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE 40% W/W SOLUTION FOR ANALYSIS AR,ACS used for

Potassium hydroxide 40% solution finds application in a broad range of laboratory procedures due to its strong basic (alkaline) properties. Here are some key applications:

Neutralization: KOH is a powerful neutralizing agent used to counter acidic solutions. It can be employed for pH adjustments, titrations to determine acid concentration, and waste neutralization.

Precipitation reactions: KOH reacts with certain metal cations to form insoluble precipitates. This characteristic is valuable in qualitative analysis to identify specific metal ions and in quantitative analysis to separate and quantify them through gravimetric techniques.

Hydrolysis reactions: KOH can cleave certain bonds in organic molecules, promoting hydrolysis reactions. This property is utilized in the saponification process for soap production and in protein and carbohydrate hydrolysis for sample preparation.

Electrolyte preparation: Due to its high conductivity, KOH is a common component in electrolytic solutions. These solutions are used in various electrochemical applications, including electroplating and battery production.

Sample preparation: KOH is often used in sample preparation steps for various analyses. It can act as a deprotonating agent, promoting the deprotonation of acidic groups in molecules, or as a strong cleaning agent to remove impurities from surfaces.

Where to buy POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE 40% W/W SOLUTION FOR ANALYSIS AR,ACS

Ryze Chemie is a reliable supplier of Potassium Hydroxide 40% w/w solution (AR, ACS). We offer this solution in various container sizes to suit your laboratory needs. You can conveniently purchase it directly through our online platform.

In addition to Ryze Chemie, several other chemical suppliers in India and across the globe provide this essential laboratory reagent. When selecting a supplier, consider factors like product quality, price competitiveness, customer service reputation, and prompt delivery timelines.

POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE 40% W/W SOLUTION FOR ANALYSIS AR,ACS Manufacturers

Numerous chemical companies worldwide manufacture Potassium Hydroxide 40% w/w solution (AR, ACS). These manufacturers adhere to strict quality control protocols to ensure product consistency and meet the required purity standards. Ryze Chemie can also be your partner for the manufacturing of Potassium Hydroxide solution.

We possess the expertise and infrastructure to produce high-quality solutions tailored to your specific needs. Contact us to discuss custom manufacturing options for this and other essential laboratory chemicals.

POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE 40% W/W SOLUTION FOR ANALYSIS AR,ACS Manufacturers in India

India has a well-developed chemical industry with several manufacturers producing high-quality laboratory chemicals. Ryze Chemie, as a domestic manufacturer, is proud to contribute to this sector by offering Potassium Hydroxide 40% w/w solution (AR, ACS) and other essential laboratory supplies. We are committed to providing reliable and cost-effective solutions for the Indian research community.

sd

ENTER QUANTITY

Cross

Similar Products